Home & Community Care
Do you need Nurses for Home and Community Care?
Home and community care (or HACC) refers to a specific type of support service commonly used by the elderly and those living with a disability.
Home care provides an alternative to living in an aged care facility and is suitable for people who have difficulties performing normal daily functions like cleaning, cooking and personal hygiene routines.
Home and Community Care nurses provide access to a wide range of in-home care support services that enable a patient to remain living independently in their own home.
If you need a nurse for home and community care for a patient or loved one, contact us today.
Are you a Home and Community Care Nurse?
Nurses Now have regular Community Care roles that range from single, one-off client services, to ongoing, continued care. Community Care support services are available throughout NSW.
Nurses Now is a family-owned nursing agency that has work opportunities available within local suburbs. As a qualified nurse, you’ll be able to assist the valued members of our community within their home setting.
Community Care employment is a rewarding experience whereby you support the client, one-on-one with general care services that allow the patient to remain active within the community and maintain independence, empowering them to live well.
HCC services may include:
- Tasks in the home – domestic assistance
- Personal care
- Supporting carers to have a planned break – respite care.
- Preparing meals
- Assistance with travel and transport arrangements
- Shopping & Medical appointment assistance
- Participation in community and social activities
- Specialist Nursing Care
If you’re a qualified Nurse looking for temporary labour shift coverage in your local community, Nurses Now has placements available at aged care sites that align with your availabilities. Our aged care placements range from single shifts through to multiple bookings, as well as ongoing as-needed work opportunities with well-established Aged Care organisations and facilities.
If you’re a qualified nurse looking for employment placement roles, Nurses Now has regular contract employment, known as placements, for AHPRA registered staff in locations right across Australia. Placement length can range from a number of days through to months at a time. With accommodation and travel allowances provided, this is an exciting opportunity to utilise your nursing skills and help people in need whilst travelling our picturesque countryside.
The benefits of Home and Community Care placements with Nurses Now
- Large volumes of shifts available
- The flexibility to choose when and where you work weekly
- Have a career that suits your lifestyle and work/life balance
- Earn strong, competitive rates of pay
- Help improve the lives of residents
- Pursue a rewarding career
- Providing emotional, mental and physical support
Home and Community Nurse qualifications
All nursing staff whom would like to be considered for work opportunities within the Resident Aged Care sector must have the following legislative requirements:
- Certificate III and/or Certificate IV in Nursing Aged Care with current industry experience and employment within the nursing industry. As well as a current First Senior First Aid certificate.
- EN, EEN & RN nursing staff must have a current AHPRA registration
- Two industry-related references supplied
- Right to Work in Australia documentation i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Passport or Valid VISA with work rights etc
- All employees working in Community Care MUST have an Australian Criminal Record Clearance Police Service (Federal Police) or (National Police Clearance – From local Police Station) OR from a CrimTrac accredited agency NO older than 3 years from the date of issue.