Disability Support Care
Do you need Disability Support Staff?
The delivery of Disability Support Services are crucial in supporting people with an intellectual and/or physical disability, allowing every individual to develop their personal, community and social relationships successfully.
Our Disability Support Workers are here to help empower people to reach their full potential and enjoy each day. Our Disability Support Workers are fully trained and qualified, but most importantly, are friendly and passionate about helping people with disabilities embrace the lifestyle they want.
If you need a Disability Support staff for a patient or loved one, contact us today.
Are you a Disability Support carer?
Nurses Now is a family-owned agency that has work opportunities available within the Disability Support Services sector. As a qualified nurse or disability support staff member, you’ll be able to assist members of our community by providing Disability Support Services in varied settings that can include community-based group homes, one-to-one care and residential facilities.
Nurses Now have consistent employment opportunities available daily within the Disability Support Services healthcare sector throughout NSW.
Further support that you may provide to clientele with disabilities includes:
- Supporting clients to develop skills and abilities so they are more able to make decisions affecting their lives
- live as independently as possible and to help them participate in the community
- helping them develop and maintain independence and safety in personal care, health care and hygiene.
If you have experience supporting people with Disability Service Support needs or you have a background of nursing with a view to provide crucial care services within a highly rewarding healthcare field, then we would welcome your interest.
Temporary Disability Support Roles
If you’re a qualified Nurse looking for temporary labour shift coverage in your local community, Nurses Now has Disability Support Service placements available that align with your availabilities. Our disability support placements range from single shifts through to multiple bookings, as well as ongoing as-needed work opportunities with well-established local hospitals.
If you’re a qualified nurse or disability worker looking for employment placement roles, Nurses Now has regular contract employment in locations right across Australia. Placement length can range from a number of days through to months at a time. With accommodation and travel allowances provided, this is an exciting opportunity to utilise your nursing skills and help people in need whilst travelling our picturesque countryside.
The benefits of Disability Support placements with Nurses Now
- Large volumes of shifts available
- The flexibility to choose when and where you work weekly
- Have a career that suits your lifestyle and work/life balance
- Earn strong, competitive rates of pay
- Help improve the lives of residents
- Pursue a rewarding career
- Providing emotional, mental and physical support
Disability Support qualifications
All nursing and disability support staff who would like to be considered for work opportunities to support individuals and clients within the Disability Support healthcare sector must have the following legislative requirements:
- Certificate III in Disability Services and/or Aged Care with current industry experience and industry-related employment within the healthcare industry.
- RN & EEN nursing staff must have a current AHPRA registration
- Two industry-related references supplied
- Current Drivers Licence
- Right to Work in Australia documentation i.e. Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Passport or Valid VISA with work rights etc
- All employees working in the Disability Support sector MUST have an Australian Criminal Record Clearance Police Service (Federal Police) or (National Police Clearance – From local Police Station) OR from a CrimTrac accredited agency NO older than 3 years from the date of issue.
- NSW Office of the Guardians of the Children – Working With Children Check (WWCC), further information and application can be found on the OCG website.
- Positive Behaviour Support & De-escalation Training and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention certificates are preferred.
- NDISWC (NDIS Worker Screening Check) – this check is now mandatory and required for all NDIS funded supports. If you have a current NDISWC, please submit your screening check details. Alternatively, apply here (please contact us to obtain our Business Name and Registration ID)