Your questions, answered
We understand that you probably have a few questions about Nurses Now and the employment opportunities we provide.
That’s why we’ve compiled a convenient list of nurse and support worker FAQs to help you.
We understand that you probably have a few questions about Nurses Now and the employment opportunities we provide. That’s why we’ve compiled a convenient list of nurse and support worker FAQs to help you.
If you have any further questions, simply contact our friendly Nurses Now team and we’ll respond shortly.
Nurses Now work with healthcare facilities all across Australia. However, we focus our service on NSW’s Central Coast, Lake Macquarie, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Great Lakes, Manning Valley & Hunter Valley regions along with regional NSW and Interstate placements.
As we are a casual on-call agency, you will be employed on a casual basis. However, your chosen availabilities will always dictate the amount of work you are eligible for. For instance, the greater availability you have, the greater the opportunities you have of getting offered the hours you would like, to best suit your lifestyle.
All Nurses Now employees are required to have current industry experience and qualifications within the healthcare industry that you seek employment in. This applies to all AIN, Cert IV AIN, EEN, and RN nurses and Disability Support Staff.
Visit our Employment Requirements page for more specific details.
Nurses Now require that all prospective employees have either an Australian Criminal Record Clearance Police Service (Federal Police) or National Police Clearance (from a local Police Station) OR from a CrimTrac accredited agency that’s NO older than 3 years from the date of issue.
Nurses Now nurses and support staff receive their pay weekly! The process is very simple. Our pay week commences each Monday and finishes each Sunday. Your timesheets must be submitted by 10.30am each Monday for the week just worked to enable timely wage payment.
This all depends on the roles you’re applying for. Pay rates are disclosed at the time of the interview. All of our pay rates are above award wages and based accordingly on your experience and chosen healthcare sectors of which you are pre-qualified to work.
It is completely at your discretion what areas, suburbs and locations you choose to work in. You can stay close to home or travel as far as you like. We have large numbers of client healthcare facilities in your local areas, so that all of our nurses have a variety of choices and can get work wherever they choose.
Yes. All of our nurses are provided with Nurses Now shirts and a photo identification badge. We require our nurses to also wear black or navy blue trousers along with enclosed, black shoes. No jewellery is to be worn and hair must be kept neat and tidy at all times.
Nurses Now is constantly looking for reliable, enthusiastic and highly qualified nurses. We pride ourselves on having only the very best team, which is why we make certain that all prospective employees are screened and meet stringent requirements before Nurses Now employment opportunities are offered. All nurses must have the following documents and meet certain criteria:
- Australian Criminal Record Clearance Less than 3 years old.
- Current Certificates / Registration – i.e. Current First Aid, Certificate III or IV in HealthCare or Nursing with current experience. All RNs, EENs and ENs nurses must hold a current AHPRA registration.
- Identification including Drivers Licence, Birth Certificate and or Passport.
- Immunisation Records including Hep B.
- Resume with 2 verbal referees regarding your work as a nurse. We conduct reference checks on all applicants. Your reference is a factor in determining whether you are offered employment with Nurses Now.
- NSW Office of the Guardians of the Children – Working With Children Check (WWCC) to ensure currency across varied healthcare sectors.
- NDISWC (NDIS Worker Screening Check) – From 1st February 2021, this check is now mandatory and required for all NDIS funded supports, to ensure currency across varied healthcare sectors. If you have a current NDISWC, please submit your screening check details.
Alternatively, apply at the following link: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/about/ndis-worker-screening-check (please contact us to obtain our Business Name and Registration ID)
Yes – you will be required to attend a face to face interview with a Nurses Now representative at a time organised most convenient to you.